At Whataboutgreen we offer consumers a carefree solution to buy their sustainable products, offer corporations and the service industry a solution to make their daily operations more sustainable, and offer governments a practical platform to translate their pro-environmental guidelines into actions.
Our company started from an idea to simply import and sell bamboo straws in an attempt to replace single use plastic products. However, when we found out during our research that consumers found it hard to find them, and to determine whether products are truly sustainable, we decided to make it our goal to offer a carefree shopping solution.
Strategically located in Hong Kong, we are close to the manufacturers in South East Asia and can therefore personally monitor every step of our supply chain and can guarantee our products are truly sustainable in every way.
We sell sustainable products, but what defines a sustainable product? For us, a sustainable product means a durable product produced in a sustainable way. We mainly focus on products that are alternatives to single use (plastic) products. Bamboo is one of our favourites, as grows fast, is durable and re-grows from the same crop.
Sustainable to us also means produced under good working conditions and against fair wages for the workers in the factories of our suppliers. We personally visit our suppliers regularly to ensure our own set standards are met. As our goal is to unite companies towards our common goal, we offer our products for wholesale too, and almost all of the products can be fully customized. To find out more about customization of our products, check out the Wholesale section on our website.
- To be a reliable, one-stop-shop for those consumers who wish to contribute to a better future by buying responsibly.
- To only offer products that are truly green in production and contribute to a better environment in one way or another, to offer products that are durable so that our customers will enjoy their products for a long time after their purchase.
- To treat the environment with respect also in our daily activities such as logistics and business travel. To always consider the environmental impact when making decisions first.
- To treat our staff with respect and offer equal rights for all. To offer a healthy working environment with a choice of healthy meals and a clean and green office environment. To promote and support activities that will positively influence the health and mind of our employees.
UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030
In 2015 the UN came up with a 15-year plan including 17 specific goals to ‘Transform Our World’. The Sustainable Development Goals are a call for action by all countries to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. We focus on these three:
- Responsible Consumption and Production. Carefully selecting our materials, thoroughly checking our suppliers, offering the sustainable plastic-free option to our customers
- Climate Action. By monitoring the carbon emission of each part of our supply chain and donating ten percent of our profits to planting trees, we take action to minimize climate change.
- Partnerships for the Goals. As we partner up with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations we connect the business society to reach our common goal towards a sustainable future.
WE PLANT TREES
Reforestation is our best chance in fighting climate change, therefore Whataboutgreen donates a fixed ten percent of their profits to planting trees. To do so, we are proud to partner with One Tree Planted.
One Tree Planted is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. As an environmental charity, it is their mission to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. They work with reforestation partners in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa who help them get trees in the ground to restore forests after fires and floods, create jobs, build communities, and protect habitat for biodiversity.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
Promoting sustainability starts with oneself, therefore Whataboutgreen carefully manages their supply chain to ensure no materials will be wasted. We have a zero-plastic tolerance policy for our suppliers and do not use any plastic in the shipping process either.
Our products will be shipped to our customers in packaging materials that are either recycled, or made from recycled materials such as currogated carton.
At Whataboutgreen, we handle a paperless office policy and send our products to clients without physical invoice or manuals, all our product descriptions and manuals are communicated to our customers digitally.